“They are angry with me because they know what I am.” Said
the little eagle. “How do you know that they are angry with you?” “Because they
despise me for wanting to soar, they only want me to peck at the dirt, looking
for ants, with them. But I can’t do that. I don’t have chicken feet, I have
eagle wings.” “And what is so wrong with having eagle wings and no chicken
feet?” asked the owl. “I’m not sure that’s what I’m trying to find out.” “They
hate you because they know what you are, an eagle and they want you think you
are a chicken so that you will peck at the ground looking for ants and worms,
so that you will never know that you are an eagle and always think yourself a
chicken. Let them hate you, they will always
be chickens, and you will always be an eagle. You must fly. You must soar.”
Said the old owl. - C.JoyBell C.
You’re a kid, trying to figure your way out of this
labyrinth, caught up in a messy childhood with memories you don’t want to keep.
But what choice do you have? You don’t even know who you are. Years pass by,
eventually you start to paint the future you want, you start to dream big
dreams, and you start to look for your happy ever after. You know what you want
to become, so one day you start talking about it. You tell people the big
dreams you have and the different sky’s you want to touch and the galaxies you
want to see. But they look at you, sad faces and everything, they put their
hands on your shoulder and say ‘Son, you’re not a bird. Don’t fly, you won’t
make it’.
But what if you want to fly? What if you were born to fly?
Most times we forget to look at the bigger picture; most
times we are stuck in our own little boxes not willing to step out. Why?
Because that one person told us we can’t do it. I think that’s the reason most
young people give up before even dreaming.
We let people define who we are, we let people make the
choices for us, and we let ourselves get lost in this assumption that ‘talking
to other people’ about our problems will magically solve them. So what we tend
to do is, we let people tell us who we are, we let people sort out the problems
we don’t want to face. But there is always a line, and most times we regret
letting those people cross it.
Everyone at some point will try to bring you down, they
would tell you how wrong you are, remember that most times these are the people
who want to understand everything but eventually don’t.
We rely on a mere mundane for advice, we look to man for
right and wrong, eventually losing our respect for humanity just because we
were dumb enough to expect.
Worst of all, we tend to forget to look at God, we sort of
forget he’s around and waiting to give us our solution.
I expected so much from so many people, both family and
friends. Most time I’m always amazed with the way they disappoint. Most often
the ones you expect to be there end up being the ones who aren’t. Most times
they are the first to stand against what you want. Most times they don’t see
how happy a specific thing makes you. They assume their way of living is the
correct way, they try to force it down, and they try to brain wash you into
believing you’re a chicken.
Remember, you are an eagle, you have wings, and you will
soar.
Most people will try and pull you down,
But there are always a few who stand there to pick you up,
find them and hold on to them with everything you have.
I haven’t found them yet,
But I think I will.
You will too.
For what it’s worth,
Always BE YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment