Friday, August 8, 2014

Dear Boy - A letter from a beautiful mess

Scarred,
Hurt,
Broken,
Consumed

He ripped her heart out, threw it on the barren ground, stomped all over it letting the blood ooze out, looked her straight in the eye and asked her to apologize for getting his shoes dirty.

‘Sorry’ before the word walked out her dry lips she stopped, she didn’t say it, for the first time in 8 years she didn’t say it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Boy who broke her heart,

I write this letter, simply out of concern. I write this letter simply because I feel. Dear boy, did you notice the way she looked at you? Did you catch the glimpse of joy in her voice as she spoke to you on your birthday? Did you watch the way her lips curved into that specific smile she kept hidden just for you?

Did you notice that she loved you?

Of course you didn’t, or maybe you did.

Her heart wasn’t yours to break, her mind wasn’t yours to consume. Yet those are the very things you took. Most call it unrequited love, simply trying to rationalize the situation. But that wasn't it. 

To her, love was selfless, and never to be returned. School didn't teach her much, life was now her education. She trusted, she let you cut her heart open, reach to the depths just because you asked. But you didn't want the real her, you wanted the vision you had of her. 

You are too young to understand that a girl like her wanted nothing more than to be loved in return. I wish you'd have asked me. She just wanted to be held by strong arms, arms she knew her whole life, but those very arms let her fall. Those very hands she loved to hold ripped her heart out. 
You are too young to see that she gave everything, only to be left with nothing. 

Dear Boy who broke that beautiful girls’ heart, I hope sleep comes to you easily; she keeps up till 3 for you to. But I also hope you grow up, not regretting, not wanting what you already lost.

Because Dear Boy, you stole what simply wasn't yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment