Friday, February 28, 2014

Maybe it’s all fiction

I believe a person can read a story and have various interpretations, I think a person can read this and assume endless assumptions. Maybe this is true, or maybe it’s a work of fiction. I don’t really know what one can call this, but I think I’d like to call it a short story/poem.



We walked so many roads, but different ways.
We talked, but I think I was the only one listening.
We ran a race, but I think I was the only one running.
We timed ourselves, but I think I was the only one looking at the watch.
We fought, but I think I was the only one really fighting.

I think when people walk into lives; they walk in to change them.

 You called yourself one chapter, but I called you a whole book.
We are so different, and yet we are so alike.

Our lives, to me is a book,
But to you it’s a short story.

Maybe our life is a bunch of short stories stitched together to form a fictional novel.

We don’t remember what happened, what we remember is what happened. – John Green

We have different interpretations of our story,
I have 8 years, and you have 5.
We are fighting for a past we don’t even remember.
We are killing for a future we don’t even have,
Or maybe I’m killing for a future I wish we had.

Maybe the way I look at us is all a smoke screen,
Maybe the way I see us is all a lie,
Maybe my memories are a matter of fiction,
Of hideous hope or maybe even want.
Maybe the stories I formed in my mind were writer’s fiction,
I am a story teller so maybe I made it all up.

There was never an ‘us’
There was just a ‘me’
And there was just a ‘you’.

Maybe I was unconsciously looking for something like love
And you were the only one standing in front of me.
Maybe I picked you because you were easy,
And I didn’t know the pain of hurt.
Or maybe I picked you as my muse
Because I wanted something different;
Maybe just maybe I wanted to write a story,
Maybe you were always just research.

I don’t know how or where or when you walked in,
My head says 8 years


Or maybe it’s all fiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment