Sunday, February 9, 2014

That one coffee shop: The Poem

Poems have always been my favorite, you read them and in those few lines you hear a story, most of the time one that consumes you. Poetry has always been my best friend, when I don’t write prose, I write poetry.
This, I wrote in exactly 15 minutes, as controversial as it may seem, don’t dig deep into the ‘who is she talking about’ try and read between the lines, try and understand.



That one coffee shop.

The smell of coffee, the warmth of its heat, the dark, dark brown reminded me of him.
His dark brown eyes, his crooked smile, his childish voice contradicting mine.
His memories ran through the boxes of my mind.

The smell of consumed me once more,
The heat on my lips, the warmth in my eyes,
The joy of its bitterness took me by surprise.


And finally, oh finally! He got lost in the boxes of my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment